We’re looking for another 20 outstanding social entrepreneurs who are committed to scaling up their social impact. The programme supports ambitious, ‘high potential’ social entrepreneurs to raise investment and rapidly grow their ventures by building a compelling growth story, finding investors, making strategic connections and supporting the entrepreneur during the journey. We are calling for entrepreneurs from all over England and looking to find at least 40% of the ventures from outside the Greater London area.
What we’ve achieved so far:
- Big Venture Challenge has attracted over 100 new investors and social angels to the ‘investment for good’
- We have supported over 125 social ventures to date
- Throughout the programme we have raised over £7.5m risk capital committed as social investment, hitting our target 16 months ahead of schedule
What we have to offer:
- Invaluable access to free legal advice and business workshops
- Access our extensive network of investors, corporate partners and entrepreneurs facilitating the potential for endless possibilities and collaborations
- A personal Venture Manager and Investment Manager providing excellent support throughout the year
- Access to external investors plus the potential for a match grant from Big Venture Challenge of £20,000
Social impact is at the forefront of what we do; it’s important to know that a programme requirement is that the social impact scales in line with revenue and margin increases. This year our focus lies on entrepreneurs in the Education, Training and Skills sectors.
But don’t just take it from us here are a few words about the programme from our Award Winners:
After 3 successful years of the Big Venture Challenge program, the experienced and dedicated team have a wealth of knowledge and support to give the winning applicants as well as help raising investment. If you think you could be the next Big Venture Challenge winner, click the button below to find out more and apply.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING THE NEW 2016 COHORT IN JUNE.